We'll never be free alone. We'll be free togheter

¿Cree que en este 2012 volverá a nuestras pantallas 31 minutos?

viernes, 27 de enero de 2012

A complicated Christmas

I'm still too young to think about giving gifts or something massive, my mom does that job. I started to give presents like three years ago, because my mom used to bought a gift and put my name on it, I didn't have to worry about Christmas. But then I started to feel bad because I had a little of money to give presents and I didn't, but all my family has always give me something. In 2010 I didn't buy things, I cooked. First, it's cheaper and is more personal, you invert time on it not just money. But this year I was in classes (wii!) and didn't have much time or money, so I'm still in debt with my boyfriend (he asked for a joystick from the chinese mall, so it's not so expensive). This year he gave me a pair of earings that he made, he's not so good at making manual things so they're a great gift because he put in a lot of effort. I think that kind of gifts are important, just gifts for the necessary people that contains a lot of love. Besides of the cheap that is cooking, you don't have to choose person by person what to give, it's wonderful!
The best part of Christmas to me is receiving presents because I'm a material girl in my material world (?) hahaha, well, really I feel bad when I feel good receiving gifts, it's kind of complicated because I know that's consumerism. That's why I started to cook on Chritmas, this last year I couldn't but the next one I'm sure I will cook again!
At the end, I have contradictory feelings about Christmas gifts, all the consumerism make me feel angry, but having a little space in the year to stop and meet with the family it's the only things that it's worth keeping from this event.
 
 
 

4 comentarios:

  1. To cook is a good alternative to give christmas presents (: I like it!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. you cook! its something!! hahaha
    its true that the society obligate us to makes things that before we dont needed to do... but i think also that is not that bad and we could make things als cooking or other things more significative als how I said, a par of socks

    ResponderEliminar
  3. You know, 'cause we are living in a material world, and i'm an a material girl xD
    That's a good song..
    I remember those earings that your boyfriend gave you!! and you complained cause their colors were not of your favorites.. xDD

    Greeting, javi :3

    ResponderEliminar